At the Writing Center on Thursday, February 8th, my group had to interview one of the consultants. Her name is Marylinda Dewitt. She was very nice and welcoming to us. Usually, I am not the type of person that likes talking a lot, but I felt very comfortable around Marylinda. I began the interview by asking her how she would describe a "good" writer. Her response was that she believes every one is a good writer as long as they are brave and patient with themselves and the process of writing. One thing that I found very interesting was that when I asked Marylinda if she considers herself to be a good writer, she said no. When I asked her why, her response was that she doesn't think so because when she is writing, she tends to worry about her finished result rather than the process. Overall, I think this interview went very well. I learned many things, and I'm sure the other members of my group did as well. I also know that Marylinda learned some new things from us (AIM language...) On a more serious note, I think that during this interview, I was able to not only talk to Marylinda about writing and research tips, but also about life in general. I really enjoyed this research project and I look forward to visiting the Writing Center soon!
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment