Within the next few years I hope to become a Physician Assistant. I became interested in the Physician Assistant Program around two years ago when I worked at my aunt’s medical office in Queens, NY over the summer of 2005. Before I worked in the medical office, I wanted to pursue a career in Social Work. However, I realized that social workers have to be very strict and firm sometimes and I don’t think I am that type of a person. After a few weeks of experiencing what it is like to be in a doctor’s office daily, I became very interested in the medical field.
My aunt is a Physician and her husband is a Physician Assistant. While working in the office, I was primarily a receptionist. However, I did have the opportunity of taking patients to their rooms, filling out patient charts and files, verifying their insurance, setting up appointments and also calling pharmacies to refill the patient’s medications.
I enjoy working with people, whether it is working with children, adults, or even the elderly. I am currently an Indian music teacher at the East Indian Music Academy, where I teach younger kids and adults to play Indian instruments and to sing. I personally believe that everyone should have a career where not only they love what they are doing, but it should also benefit others. For example, teachers help students, and doctors help their patients. Thinking beyond college, I think if I was to pursue a career as being a Physician, it would affect my family (children, etc.) in the years ahead. Therefore, I believe that I would like to be a Physician Assistant and I am willing to work hard in order to make this goal come true.
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment